Sunday, August 15, 2010

MY DATE WITH THE MACARON GOD

I couldn’t postpone the date any longer as the birthday party was tomorrow .

Filled with excitement I was to meet with the macaron god for the very first time. After hours of research I should be aware of the god’s likes “...aged eggs...” & dislikes “...overmixing, undermixing, hot ovens...”, the god’s language “...magma...”, idiosyncrasies “...French or Italian...”& fetish “...feet...”. I was ready for this date.

The first hour of our meeting went smoothly.

We talked about our likes & I was trying very hard not to do what was disliked, discovered within the same language there are numerous dialects, my preference for Italian than the French & our common obsession with feet.

The second half of our date however was much more eventful.

Like being on a roller coaster ride I was reaching the top and with great anticipation was about to come down. We were reaching the climatic 5, 6, 7 minute mark when I disappointedly fell silent as I came to the realization that I had no feet experiences to share. Our date was coming to an end.

As the macaron god slowly walked away I was undecided as to whether or not to give this date a second chance. Finally the thought of me showing up to the party empty handed drove me to chase after the macaron god & with a light tap on the shoulder I asked “Time for dessert?”. And as they say the rest is history.


Can you spot the almost empty plate of macarons?  
Pink macarons with 2 different types of fillings: strawberry white chocolate ganache & peanut butter dark chocolate ganache
Tell me Dear Readers when did you nearly not tap someone on the shoulders to make history?

No comments:

Post a Comment