Sunday, August 8, 2010

THE BEGINNING: "I'M LATE, I'M LATE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!"

Like the White Rabbit I seem to be always running. Hopefully one day running to a destination where I can unleash the right side of my brain and with my hands create a product that others equally love and enjoy.

Twice I was running too fast and missed the “Dead End” signs. The first was beading, creating pretty sterling silver jewelry with sparkling crystals and elegant pearls until I found on many occasions I was missing a certain type of bead or link to allow completion of a piece of jewelry that I was fully happy with.

A sterling silver cluster bracelet I created with peach swarovski crystal beads, freshwater pearls and diamonty rondelles
The second was creating baby clothing bouquets. I had so much fun making these and daydreamed how I could have a market stall selling these creations until the cost of operation didn’t seem viable so the bouquets are now in storage and become gifts to others for their new bundle of joy.

A collage of my baby clothing bouquets

My favourite bouquet
Where am I running to now?

It started with my nephew’s 3rd birthday party. For me his mother was the baker and I was always the candlestick maker, so his birthday cake was taken care of.
Mr Petite and I wanted to contribute by providing other sweets to the party and as the birthday boy loved his fruits, Mr Petite made “Fruit salad.. yummy yummy..” with nearly all fruits imaginable so patiently cut to small bite size pieces for the kids and I was left to bring whatever sweet treat I wanted. 

And that's how I entered the world of MACARONS. It was love at first sight so pretty and petite, in so many colors and flavours. After hours of research I finally decided to bake my first batch of macarons.

My name is Julieann and I'm late...for a very important date...a date with the macaron god.

Tell me Dear Readers where are you running to and what date are you late for?

2 comments:

  1. Such is life, we often wander down many paths before we stumble upon the one that we wish to follow. And I suppose it is this feeling of uncertainty and unfulfillment, this struggle, that makes it all the more worthwhile.
    Congratulations on finding your drive, your passion. And best of luck in all your future endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better myself!

    Thank you Amy for your blessings & if you're still searching I also wish you the very best in finding your path.

    ReplyDelete