Friday, November 26, 2010

BANANA POWER!

Do you ever get so caught up & involved in whatever you're doing that you have no time or even forget to eat? (I do...measuring, blending, sifting, mixing, piping, baking, filling, washing...alot of washing). 

And it's not until your deprived stomach steps in to remind you that you've been neglecting yourself, THEN you stop to pause & agree it's time to re-fuel. 

So what do I do in times like these?...I reach for a banana.


 I call bananas my emergency, power-up food

In addition to it's smooth, creamy texture & sweet taste, it's packed with essential nutrients & vitamins providing an instant & sustained boost of energy in my emergency times of need. (Did you know bananas also contain natural mood enhancers so when you're feeling abit down in the dumps...have a banana!).

So how can I incorporate my functional, emergency food into my sweet treat summer range? 

How about...by adding milk chocolate with a dash of cinnamon. 


Banana Cinnamon Macaron

Banana Cinnamon macaron: banana & cinnamon flavoured macaron shells filled with milk chocolate ganache.


Combining the functional & the indulgent with a dash of the exotic

A sweet treat to be enjoyed with a cup of coffee or tea during a well earned break or after an evening meal with family & friends. 


Where's the third macaron?
(Mmm...a well deserved sweet treat!)

Tell me Dear Readers what's your emergency, power-up food?



2 comments:

  1. Oh! You're such a tease! They sound positively delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm banana and cinnamon is the best combination ever!

    ReplyDelete